Sunday, November 9, 2008

What A Stooge

So tomorrow my husband and I will 12 weeks along in our pregnancy, lucky for me I have YET to have a helping of morning sickness. On the other side of the fence, waking up haunts me every morning as I literally have to pry myself out of the bed. My body is teeming with exhaustion, but only in the morning hours. The night hours seem to usually be filled with a rush of energy. Most that know me could tell you that my personal clock normally tick-tocks a bit different ( non-pregnant). I'm a early to bed (10pm) early to rise (5:30-6am with the energy of a cheetah) bouncing about getting my family situated for work, school or just weekend fun. This is the ONLY REAL downfall of this pregnancy, otherwise I have been BLESSED with feeling radically AWESOME!

By now, my baby is about 2 inches from head to toes, s/he has all their vital organs, which will be progressively growing and maturing, preparing the baby for life outside my tummy. The baby moves about like a fish in a tank, with plenty of room to swim about. At this stage of the game my little peanut is much too small for me to feel, s/he is in fact buzzing around like a crazy person... not much different their folks!!! Here's a little picture of what this little cutey looks like currently at 12 weeks (which is what it will be 11/10/2008)!!!!


During this time I will taking you on a journey with me through my pregnancy every new week ~ along with my love of music. As of right now, I am going be bringing my old posts from wordpress here until I am sure that I have blogspot down pat... then I will get into some newer posts I have been comprising together over the last bunch of weeks that never made it to wordpress...

I have to say, that I absolutely love to banter about some rocking tunes, and more importantly, I enjoy the educational part more then anything!

Growing up as a young girl, brought up underneath the bellows of rock n roll/pysch and the pre-amp to heavy metal, I was always very humbled by the knowledge and the fact that I knew more about music then anyone else I ever associated with. I always had comfort in knowing that a single song, no matter what song it might have been momentarily… could put me in a better, surreal place. I also remember me and John Brown (my kid brother, he ALWAYS listened to records with me), which whom by the way knows a thing or two about music… but anyway, we used to always joke about living in the early days. A time when things were a bit more free, but also more understood and open minded towards ideas and inconsistencies during their then “modern day war fair”.

In any case, I just want to give this thanks out to three very special friends of mine, Mr. Love, The Devil, Jables. Thank you all so much, for teaching me and educating me on things that I maybe would have taken 10 more years to learn about! I love you guys, and this post is really for you!

~~~Stooges~~~
A rock N roll, pysch record that lives for the ages and is still completely relevant with massive underlying influences of what we would later come to know as punk rock.



I think in my opinion, even though the Stooges definitely (without a doubt) set a precedence with their music, but I truly believe that Iggy’s (vocs) outrageous stage performance really enunciated the bands visual characteristics.

This LP that I present to you today is their first, S/T released in 1969 on Elektra records with of course Iggy Pop(Stooge) on vocs, Scott Asheton on drums, his brother Ron on git and of course bassist Dave Alexander. The Stooges put only 3 LP between 1969 - 1973, but did release a live album in 1977 “Metallic K.O.”. That same year Iggy made way to leave the Stooges, to form his solo career, notably his familiarity to most, but then was recruited back to reunited with the Stooges in 2007 to release “The Weirdness” (which I haven’t heard YET).

I have to admit, the album is entirely too perfect to just give you a few songs, but unfortunately I am also entirely too lazy to sit through the whole thing right now, got to get ready for a BBQ… so I am gonna give you a few of my favorite tracks off this record.
Here’s to my crazy friends!!
Here’s to my crazy friends!! Much Love!
No Fun
1969

No comments: