Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This Gas is KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So folks here we are, week 13 of this long journey. You know what is actually funny? I was thinking about how far away 40 weeks seems… and it seems so dang far away, but it also feels like yesterday my husband and I were at the OB-Gyn's office finding out that we were 8.6 weeks along, photograph included. Even though it seems so far away, it really is buzzing by kinda fast for me. My body is changing and I feel it more and more and that’s ok… I'm starting to be less concerned and more excited! My husband is actually so super fantastic. I think the whole idea is really starting to set in for him too. He keeps putting his hand on my belly when he getting home from work and says "Hello baby bump" and at night says good night to the bump!!!...Pretty cute!

Although my exhaustion still resides in me, I feel it starting to taper off slowly. Waking up is becoming LESS of a chore!

So let me tell you a little bit about what's going on this week:

~I am 3 months pregnant (towards the end)… and IN my fourth month OF pregnancy. The months of pregnancy aren't actually deemed a particular month until the last day of THAT month.
~As of today (11/20/2008) I am 93 days pregnant with 187 left until my due date(May 27, 2009).
~I am officially complete with my first trimester and have started my second trimester.
~I am starting to pop out just a little bit now… not too much really. The reality of the possibility of stretch marks has REALLY started to set in now! Even though this worries me… I am actually starting to feel a bit better about it..
~My little beaner is about 3 inches long now and weighs about 18 grams and again, mostly all vital organs are in place and will just simply grow and mature at an extremely rapid rate for the next 24 weeks.
~Although the gender determining hormone has been in place for 1 week now, a true answer via ultrasound is only a few more weeks away.
~Calcium intake is especially important from now to the end of pregnancy because the bones are currently in their rapid growth and solidifying stage…. SOOOOOO since I am not an "everyday" milk drinker… I guess it TUMS for me!

Here are a few pictures of what my little one looks like now, at 13 weeks…..WE'RE 1/3 of the way there now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Now as always, accompanying my journey to motherhood… lets take a walk through the woods of inspiration for me… my music of course!


I have to kind of dedicate this here post to my gal pal JJB over at EyeEatMusic, for this notion takes place but a few months back when she herself wrote a segment on The Illusion.
I really don’t know all that much about these guys (I have been doing a bunch of reading in the last few days though), other than the fact that it is completely addictive and has been ruling my rides to and from work!

When she unintentionally, introduced me to The Illusion, I was actually fortunate to come across a copy of their first S/T (on Steed records released in 1969) at The Philadelphia Record Exchange in Philadelphia,PA and I actually forget which flea market I found their second record at (”Together” on Steed released late 1969).


But just about a week and a few days ago we were at the Collingswood flea market when I came across this masterpiece of a record! I knew I would love it, because I was so fond of the other two, but I never knew the absolute BIRTHDAY treat I would get!


It’s there last LP (”If It’s So”), released on Steed in 1970. Again, I don’t really like to give the old “shuck and jive” line, so when I get my “checks and balances” squared away, I think I will elaborate on them further on another post!


Anyway, JJB to you… and to ME… for the awesome SCORE!… GOD I love record hunting! The kill is always so satisfying! OH and by the way, pardon my semi-poor seperation skills, the cuts run right into one another…. But here are the rockers off Side A!
The Man

Let’s Make Each Other Happy

When I Metcha Babe

No comments: