Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Race With The Devil

Here’s a little present for your ears that I scored during my hiatus!
Now before I go into anything, I had been searching for this LP for a long time and never came across it. I suppose in the back of my head I figured that it was one of those LP’s that you quest for but take a lifetime to acquire.

So stumbling and scurrying between record stores and flea markets early last Sunday morn, my Husband and I quested off to visit our old friend, New Hope, PA. Now I love New Hope, there are so many cute little stores there! But anyway on our way up there we stopped at this flea market/antique store to buzz around and really just to dip our toes in fresh waters (even though we have been there 2 other times). I always like a newer, not as familiar place because sometimes going to the same old flea market weekend after weekend can feel a bit redundant.
At this time while we’re walking about (I have a sweatshirt on), the sun is crawling high and hotter into the breaking afternoon sky and the sweat is just DRIPPING off my face, down my back, under my boobs, down my ass crack and I’m starting to get a bit aggravated because I can’t even take off my sweatshirt because I forgot to shave my pits! We come across a few keepers that were within the isles that some vender’s had in stinky cardboard boxes, ON THE GROUND, but I need to be in the shade or the A/C, so I start making my way into the building part, which is actually the antique store.

While I am waiting for the sluggish Mr. Love, visually I start walking around the antique store when…BINGO… I lay eyes on this one music shop. Now, normally I try my VERY BEST to wait for my husband because he gets a little testy if I beat him to the punch on ANY record, which inevitably is a horrible thing when you both collect records because IN MY MIND… either way, ANYTHING we get comes to the same address and the same collection, so I don’t mind, BUT it drive him CRAZY!… In anycase I wondered over there all by my lonesome to check out this jazzy store. I skip the tapes and disc’s and just go right for the plastic boxes that held the vinyl and start picking through them.

The guys had a bunch of things there that I scored, but for me when I came across this LP, exuding the stench of yester-year… LITERALLY I almost fainted, because like I said, I just figured this was going to have to be an ebay purchase or something of that nature!


I give you “GUN”, their first, S/T LP released in 1969 on Epic records… and I can’t even describe tell you how much of a masterpiece this album truly is! A totally heavy, noisy, creative band that really (for me) highlighted the futility of the increasingly progressive British invasion!

ENJOY THE RIDE!
"Race With The Devil"
"Take Off"
"The Sad Saga of The Boy and The Bee"

No comments: